We are committed to protecting your privacy.
You can check the information that we hold about you by logging on to our website and checking your Account. You may update your personal information online.
4.1. What we will do with your contact information
MyCards will not sell or pass your name, address or e mail address to any third party unless legally obliged to do so. We will use this information to keep you informed of new products and seasonal offers. In addition you may choose to receive e mail reminders.
4.2. Credit card transactions
Your card details are transferred directly to our Payment Service Provider for immediate authorization and are not recorded or stored in our database. Once we have received authorization from the Payment Service Provider we confirm your order.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) set out your rights and obligations, and those of mycards.co.za (“we” or “us”), in relation to this website, www.mycards.co.za (the “Website”), any MyCards application that you access (the “App”) and any products, services and material of any kind available through the Site, the App or us (the “Services”).
When we refer to “MyCards” in these Terms, we mean us, the Site, the App and/or the Services, according to the context.
By registering with MyCards, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who register with MyCards establish an “Account”, and become “Users”. Visitors to MyCards who do not register with MyCards, but who nevertheless use the Site, affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access MyCards.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this Website.
You will be able to access most areas of MyCards without registering your details with us. Other areas, and the opportunity to place orders with us, are only open to you if you register.
- Trading details
Whenever you buy a product through this Website, you will be contracting with MyCards.co.za, a sole proprietorship based in South Africa.
- Ordering from us
3.1. Product description
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on MyCards is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be small variations in colour, typefaces and layout.
3.2. Placing your order
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
- The User places the order on the Site by pressing an order confirmation button (“Checkout”) at the end of the checkout process: if the product in question includes content selected by the User it is a “personalised product”; if it is a standard product which does not include any content selected by the User it is a “non-personalised product”
- By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected
- At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method
- We will send to you a “Thank you for your order” email detailing your order, and other information we must provide to you
From time to time, we may reject an order for the following reasons:
- – If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock
- – Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- – If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error
- – If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms
- – The use of images for a personalised product which are corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated
- – If a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Content Rules (see section 3.4 below for our Content Rules)
- – We are not permitted to sell alcoholic products to anyone under 18. We may refuse an order or a delivery of alcoholic items at our discretion. By placing an order for alcohol, you confirm that both you and the person the order is to be sent to are aged 18 years or over
- – We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- – It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
There are limited circumstances in which you may cancel an order after it has been made. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that we may bar or prevent an individual Account, User, email address or other identifier from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
3.3. Personalising products
MyCards aims to provide you with a fast, high-quality service. Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully to check that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have contributed for inclusion in a personalised product is correct, and (for example) is correctly spelt. if it is not possible to make the change on-screen (which depends upon the product ordered), then you will need to contact our Customer Service Team by email (email@example.com).
If you are uploading a photo, images must be in JPEG or PNG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. For best results, we advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting.
By uploading, posting, contributing or including any content or material in a personalised product, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (including the right to grant sub-licences through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that content or material solely for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising rights under these Terms. Note that we may modify content or material in order to conform it to MyCards or the requirements of the product you have ordered (such as by cropping images).
3.4. Content Rules
We do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- – infringes anyone’s copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an image or any other content that you wish to include in a personalised product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised product
- – infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- – contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- – is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- – misrepresents identity or impersonates any person
- – includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- – contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- – may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- – gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- – advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
The above are our Content Rules.
3.5. Ordering multiple products
When ordering multiple products as part of the same order, MyCards will inform you on-screen as to whether they will (or can) be dispatched on the same day or as part of the same delivery
At MyCards, you can pay for your products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
In addition, some products can be paid for using “Prepay”. Please see section 10 for our Prepay terms and conditions.
- Supply and pricing of products
4.1. Supply of Products
The cards and old by us through our Website are manufactured and shipped from within South Africa.
4.4. Postage and packaging charges
For most items, prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order. In some cases, prices shown may include postage and packaging. If this is the case this will be clearly stated.
4.6. Substitute Products
Please note that if a product is unavailable, we may substitute it with an alternative product unless you request us not to do so.
During the order process, MyCards will generally notify you of the expected timeframe for receiving your order; however, MyCards does not guarantee delivery dates or times.
Expected delivery times and charges will differ depending on which products you order.